Monday, April 20, 2015

PA Opening day of Trout 2015

    For the opening day of trout, Vinny and I (Adam) went to two different locations. I decided to go bass fishing in Erie with my uncle, while Vinny went for trout at his camp with Aaron. I went to Thompson bay in Presque Isle, Erie. The water there is still pretty cold due to the ice remaining out on the main lake, so the bass weren't very active and it showed because I only had about two hits with no fish to end the day. I did however find something you don't see everyday in the bay. As I was walking around the shore, I spotted a 30 inch dead bowfin laying along the shore. This was my first time ever seeing a bowfin in person so I was shocked!
                   

   






















   




    I (Vinny) and Aaron went up to my camp for the opening day of trout this year! We decided to start at Sugar Run Creek. It was a while before we got our first fish but when I did feel that tug on my line I knew it was a big fish. The first fish of the day was a beautiful 19 inch rainbow that I caught on a salmon egg!

The action picked up more as the day progressed. We ended up fishing 3 different creeks total; Sugar Run Creek, Chapel Fork Creek and the South Branch of Kinzua Creek. I ended up catching 5 rainbow trout with the biggest being the first fish of the day and Aaron caught 3 rainbow trout as well. All these trout were either caught on a Mike's Salmon Egg or Salmon Peach Powerbait.
*Check out our video for this trip*
 

No comments:

Post a Comment